Nalchik is a city in southern Russia, the capital of the Kabardino-Balkarian Republic. Its administrative, cultural and educational center.
The administrative center of the municipality is "City District Nalchik City". Resort town of federal significance. He bears the honorary title of "City of Military Glory."
Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H. M. Berbekov (KBSU)
Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after H. M. Berbekov (KBSU) is a classical university, the largest university in Kabardino-Balkaria and one of the largest universities in the North Caucasus, located in Nalchik, the capital of Kabardino-Balkaria. It was founded on April 5, 1957.
The structure of KBSU today includes 12 faculties, where 30 specialties are studied, two institutes, 6 colleges, as well as master's, residency, internship and doctoral studies. In addition, the university provides retraining of educational workers and a teacher training institute. The university’s specialists conduct active scientific work: they write and defend dissertations in 92 departments of the university and in 2 research institutes, conduct research, including on the basis of the branch of the All-Russian Research Institute of Physical Culture and Sports and OKTS "Mars". The merits of KBSU were noted at the federal level: the university was awarded the Order of Friendship of Peoples for the training of highly qualified specialists and research activities.
- Graduate School of International Education
- Institute of Architecture, Construction and Design
- Social and Humanitarian Institute
- Institute of Pedagogy, Psychology and Physical Education
- Institute of Informatics, Electronics and Robotics
- Institute of Law, Economics and Finance
- Institute of Physics and Mathematics
- Institute of Chemistry and Biology
- Institute for Advanced Studies and Professional Retraining
- Institute of Dentistry and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery