Foundation year: 1967
Location: Ekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk Oblast, Russia
The Ural State University of Economics (USUE) is a powerful, modern and dynamically developing scientific and educational center. It is a higher education institution which trains economic 'elite' for Russia and the CIS countries.
The University mission is to create common scientific, intellectual, educational and creative space by means of enhancing cross-cultural relations with regions of Russia and the world.
The University has trained more than 135,000 professionals in different sectors of economics including representatives of business elite and governmental bodies.
In the University equal attention is paid both to science and educational process. The USUE wins various competitions and receives grants, develops a range of scientific schools. It has a strong scientific research base. The students of the USUE have traditionally been active participants of all-Russian national competitions organized by the Youth Union of Economists and Financiers.
In 2017, the USUE was the first among the universities of Sverdlovsk Region to support “Abilympics”, the National Professional Skills Championship for people with disabilities.
The university actively develops international cooperation; contracts are signed with institutes and universities from Germany, Great Britain, China, Kazakhstan, India, the Czech Republic, Korea, the USA and other countries.
Divisions and departments of the university
1. Commerce, supply and services
Subjects: Transport Management, Tourism, Safety Engineering, Marketing, Hotel Management, Hotel and Restaurant, Food Technology, Economics, Cooking and Catering, Business and Commerce, Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Management, Advertising and Publicity
Subjects: Marketing, Management, Law, Labour and Industrial Relations, Information Management, Industrial Management, Human Resources, Health Administration, Environmental Studies, Economics, Business Computing
3. Finance and law
Subjects: Taxation, Sociology, Psychology, Law, Insurance, Finance, Banking, Advertising and Publicity, Accountancy
The Ural State University of Economics is a full member of international and regional associations and unions:
- Eurasian Economic Scientific club
- European Retail Academy
- the European Association of Leading Business Schools of Hotel Management (EURHODIP)
- Central and East European Management Development Association (CEEMAN)
- UN Program “Academic Influence”
- the National Committee for the Promotion of Economic Cooperation with Countries of Latin America
- the International Network of Higher Education Institutions (DUKENET )
- the Association of Foreign Students (branch)
- the University League of the Collective Security Treaty Organization
- the Eurasian Association of Universities
4. Management and computer science
Subjects: Public Administration, Management Systems, Management, Information Technology, Economics, Computer Science, Business Computing
The University has trained more than 40 specialists for national economy various branches and contains 7 faculties.
- Management and Global Economics
- Commerce Engineering
- Extra-Mural Faculty
- Institute of Reduced Program
The university has a preparatory faculty and a testing center for foreign citizens. At the preparatory faculty, foreign students get prepared to get into the university, to undergo training in the Russian language, mathematics, history, social studies for 10 months.
Programs of double degrees:
- Master program of double degrees in the field of “International Relations” with the University named after Adam Mitskevich in Poznan (Poland)
- Bachelor program of double degrees in the field “Hospitality Management” with Mikkeli University (Finland)
- Master program of double degrees in the field “International Business and International Economic Development” with Burgundy School of Business (Dijon, France)
- Bachelor program of double degrees in the field “Hospitality Management” with University College in Dobrich (Bulgaria) and the University of Wales (Great Britain)
- Bachelor program in the field “International Business” with International Business School (Hungary)
At the moment the USUE provides foreign students with placement in 3 dormitories within the borders of Ekaterinburg. International cooperation department automatically books places at the dormitory for all students approved for study at the USUE.
In each room we usually place 3 students, due to big number of applicants placing with 2 students is unavailable.