- Kirov State Medical Academy
- Kirov State Medical University
- Kirov State Medical Institute
- Kirov State Medical School
History of Kirov State Medical Academy
Kirov State Medical Academy - one of the youngest medical universities in Russian Federation.
The history of the Academy begin in 1987. First rector Doctor of Medicine, Professor V.A. Zhuravlev, he gathered the univesrity team of professors, doctors and candidates of medical science.
In 1994, branch of Perm State Medical Academy became an independent institution - Kirov State Medical Institute, and in 1999, passed another procedure of state accreditation, has received a high status of Academy.
In 2002, Academy was headed by Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor B.C. Melnikov.
Since September 2004, rector of Academy was doctor of medical sciences, professor I.V. Sheshunov.
During 23 years of work Academy has become one of the leading higher medical schools in the country, with confidence declaring itself in the international medical arena and boldly competing with universities.
During this time, Kirov Medical Academy has trained more than 5,000 professionals. Kirov State Medical Academy united a team of highly qualified teachers, scientists, doctors.
With 58 departments and courses Academy had 60 doctors, professors and 220 Associate Professors
Academy successfully implemented the basic principle of higher medical school - the integrityof education from pre-university training to postgraduate education.
Pre-University Training Center of Kirov Medical Academy, together with the deans conducts active professional work, helping applicants to choose their future profession.In order to prepare high school students for college, and adapt them to the new conditions of educational institutions without any difficulties.
Training activities in Academy began with the opening "Medicine" and "Pediatrics" disciplines. In 2001 Faculty of Social Work and Higher Nursing Education, opened in 1996
Education at all faculties of the Kirov State Medical Academy is based on educational standards of Russian Federation in all departments using developed educational-methodical complexes.
Great importance is to help students to obtain practical knowledge and skills, and introduce innovative methods of teaching to students.
Postgraduate Education Institute of the Academy allows graduates and practitioners improve their knowledge in particular fields of medicine, offering the following types of postgraduate and additional professional education: postgraduate, clinical residency, clinical internship, professional retraining of specialists with higher medical education, training, retraining and improvement specialists with secondary medical education.
- Computer Classes
- Sports and Health Camp
- Department of Human Anatomy with a course of operative surgery and clinical anatomy
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Department of Hospital Surgery
- Department of Human Sciences
- Department of dermatology
- department of infectious disease epidemiology
- General Surgery department with the course of traumatology and orthopedics
- Public Health Department
- Department of Oncology with radiotherapy
- Otorhinolaryngology department
- Ophthalmology department
- Department of Pathological Physiology
- The Department of outpatient therapy, physiotherapy and balneology
- The Department of Internal Medicine Propaedeutics
- Department of Psychiatry
- Department of Social Sciences
- Department of faculty therapy
- Department of Pharmacology
- Class Rooms
- Multi-media art room
- Counselling Center
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Social work and Economics
- Faculty of Stomatology (Dentistry)