- Kemerovo State Medical Academy
- Kemerovo State Medical University
- Kemerovo State Medical Institute
- Kemerovo State Medical School
Kemerovo State Medical Academy was found in 1955 based on the order of the RSFSR Ministry of Health in November 14, 1955.
The opening of the medical institution was necessary for training doctors and medical personnel and healthcare development in the industry of Kuznetsk region, in 50-ies of XX century.
In 1995, medical school was transformed into the educational institution of higher education - the Kemerovo State Medical Academy (KemGMA).
The first rector (1955-1960) Honored Doctor of the RSFSR, a veteran of World War II, experienced surgeon, Professor Stepan Vasilevich Belyaev. His professional qualities, brilliant organizational skills and authority contributed to the dynamic development of the institution.
In 1958 he opened a dental department, in 1963 - hygienic. Pediatrics (1967), Pharmacy (1979), postgraduate training (1996), Higher Nursing Education (2000), economics and management of public health services (2005).
Central Research Laboratory was established in1987 . In1997 KemGMA formed editorial and publishing department.
In 2000, Academy organized Centre of Pre-University Education.
In 2009 university received a certificate of national accreditation and a license to conduct educational activities in programs of higher education: general medicine, pediatrics, medical and prophylactic business, dentistry , pharmacy, nursing, economics and management.
- General Medicine
- Public Health
- Business & Social Sciences
- Language & Cultural
- Medicine & Health
- Science & Technology
Address: ul. Voroshilova, 22А, Kemerovo, Kemerovskaya oblast', Russia