- Altai State Medical University
- Altai State Medical Institute
- Altai State Medical Academy
- Altai State Medical School
Altai State Medical University was founded in 1954. The University is located in Barnaul, Russia. Barnaul is the administrative center of Altai Krai,located along the Ob River in the West Siberian Plain. At the end of 2014, the city had a population of around 700,000 people.
The establisher of the University is the Russian Federation. Full powers of the establisher conducts the Ministry of Health of Russia. Altai State Medical University is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. It is a state-financed organization, established in accordance with the applicable Laws of the Russian Federation.
In 1960, there took place the first graduation of doctors.
In 1975, the Institute added pharmaceutical faculty that progressively grows, and in 1998 at the Faculty of powerful office opened Distance learning.
In 1990, the first students took the Dental Faculty. What is more, in 2002 opened a University Dental Clinic, and there has been developed the most advanced technology of dental restoration. The University is rapidly developing and increasing the volume of training.
In 1993, the Center of Continuing Education, opened own system of certification of medical specialists.
In 1994 Altai State Medical Institute was renamed to Altai State Medical University (Order of the State Committee of Russia from 15.06.1994 № 586, Order of Ministry of Health of Russian Federation from 23.06.1994, № 127 )
In 2001, the University offered medical-prophylactic faculty and in 2004 was established the Faculty of Higher Nursing Education.
Since 1967, the University has a specialized council for defense of candidate, from 1995 - doctoral theses. The University has trained more than 20 000 graduates. Academic staff of the University consists of more than 100 doctors and 350 candidates of science, 3 Corresponding Members of RAMS (ZS Barkagan, VIKiselev, YN Scheu-hat), 5 Honored Scientists of Russia (ZS Barkagan VB Gervasi, L. Tarasov, G. Trubnikov, YN Shoikhet), 25 distinguished physicians Russia and 10 honored workers of the Graduate School. Among university graduates two academician (NF Gerasimenko, VYSemke), Honorary Citizen of the city of Barnaul prof. AF Lazarev.
Today, Altai State Medical University is one of the leading higher educational establishments of Western Siberia. Departments are opened nearly at all medical specialties: General Medicine, Pediatrics, Pharmaceutics, Stomatology, Nursing, Hygiene and Disease Prevention, Further Vocational Education. Altai State Medical University provides all types of training and re-training of doctors, pharmacists, specialists in economics and management in health care. The University permanently develops material base. Altai State Medical University has the following structural units: faculties, departments, administration, institutions, offices, laboratories, centers, divisions, departments, the central research laboratory (CSRL), a dental clinic, clinic, dormitories, administrative and economic divisions.
Facilities of the University:
- Class Rooms
- University Library
- Multi-media art room
- Counselling Center
- Football stadium
- Tennis courts
- International Communication Zone
- Latest Professional Laboratory
Departments of the University:
- Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, number 1
- Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care
- Hospital Surgery Department
- Department of Hospital and Outpatient Therapy with courses of occupational diseases and endocrinology
- Department of Clinical Pharmacology and at the rate of CCP and PPP
- Department of Radiology
- Department of Normal Human Anatomy
- Department of Physiology
- Department of General Surgery
- Department of Oncology
- Department of Pathology with the sectional course
- Department of Internal Medicine Propaedeutics them. Professor Z. S. Barkagana
- Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics, military surgery
- Department of Urology and Nephrology
- Department of Therapy with a course of military-field therapy, immunology and allergy
Those University graduates, who want to improve their theoretical and practical knowledge and skills, increase their own level of professionalism, can do Internship in Altai State Medical University.
Some main fields of Postgraduate programs are as follows:
- Medicine of urgent conditions
- Dermatology and Venerology
- Infectious Diseases
- Pathological Anatomy
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Traumatology and Orthopaedics
- Childhood Gynaecology
- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Pediatric Surgery
- Hygiene of Children and Teenagers
- General Hygiene
- Public Hygiene
- Occupational Hygiene
- Radiation Hygiene
- Hygiene of Nutrition
- Therapeutic Dentistry
- Pediatric Dentistry
- Orthopaedic Dentistry
- Surgical Dentistry
656038, the Russian Federation, Altai Krai, Barnaul city, Lenina Ave, building 40